If I am located in a federally declared natural disaster area, such as areas affected by hurricane Harvey or hurricane Irma, how do I request an extension to file my return?

You should send a request for filing extension in writing, before the original return due date if possible, to revenue.support@tn.gov, or you may mail it to:

 Tennessee Department of Revenue

Taxpayer Services Division, 8th Floor

500 Deaderick Street

Nashville, TN 37242


Your request should include an explanation of why you need the extension and the amount of extra time you need to file.  For more information, see Important Notice 17-19.

Not finding answers? Submit a request


Powered by Zendesk