Can I submit an offer myself or do I need an accountant or attorney?

Taxpayers can submit an offer in compromise application themselves without professional representation.

If an accountant or attorney represents a taxpayer, a power of attorney must be submitted to the Department with the Offer in Compromise Application. You may find a Power of Attorney form on our website here.

Not finding answers? Submit a request


Powered by Zendesk