When should I request an informal conference?

If you have received a Notice of Proposed Assessment that you believe is incorrect, and you want to challenge all or part of the proposed assessment, you should request an informal conference. The Department of Revenue’s  Administrative Hearing Office acts as a forum where taxpayers can work with Hearing Office personnel to resolve disputes about tax assessments and tax refund claim denials. Hearing Office personnel are required to exercise independent judgment and to render decisions on individual issues based on the facts and the law.

A taxpayer is not required to request an informal conference to challenge a proposed tax assessment, but the conference process is an inexpensive way to resolve a tax dispute without going to court.

Not finding answers? Submit a request


Powered by Zendesk