There are several reasons that it may appear as though you did not receive your authentication code. Use the tips below to troubleshoot the issue.
- Authentication emails sometimes go into your junk, spam, or clutter folder. To resolve this, indicate that emails from the Department of Revenue are not junk.
- You entered your email address incorrectly when registering.
If you previously used an authentication code and it no longer works, consider these tips:
- Did you change your email address? If so, update your email address in the "Settings" section of TNTAP, located on the main menu bar.
- Did you change your cell phone carrier and/or telephone number? If so, update your email address in the "Settings" section of TNTAP, located on the main menu bar.
If you need assistance after trying these troubleshooting tips or you cannot get access to TNTAP, please send us a message through this application for assistance. Please include:
- Your state tax account number(s)
- Your correct email address
- Your cell phone carrier and phone number
A representative will get back to you as soon as possible to assist you during business hours. Hours of operation are 7:00am to 4:30pm Central time, each business day.