There are five access types in TNTAP. Below is a short description of each.
- Master – No restrictions
- The first person to logon to TNTAP with the entity credentials will automatically become the master.
- The master has access to any and all TNTAP features, including access to all tax accounts, payments, filings (return, refund, penalty waiver), allowing access to others, amending, logon changes, etc.
- Administrator – Same permissions as master but only for accounts assigned to them
- Account Manager – Same permissions as administrator but cannot manage logons
- View Only – No account changes allowed
- Third-Party – Only what the taxpayer allows
Access levels dictate what actions you can perform for each individual client account. TNTAP access levels are:
- File returns
- File returns and make payments
- Make payments
- View only
By default, the third-party representative will be granted the ability to file returns and make payments. Taxpayers can change the third party access level to be more restrictive if they would like.