One way to show proof of financial responsibility under Tennessee law is to get covered by an auto liability insurance policy. The required minimum limits of your liability car insurance are:
- $25,000 for each injury or death per accident.
- $50,000 for total injuries or deaths per accident.
- $15,000 for property damage per accident.
(If you have a car loan or lease, your lender may require you to have collision and comprehensive coverage.)
Other ways you can show proof of financial responsibility to satisfy your legal requirement under Tennessee law are:
- posting a bond with the Department of Revenue for $65,000.
- making a cash deposit with the Department of Revenue for $65,000.